d. Installing Middle Center Support.
(2) Flanged end of bottom center support (1) is
the top of the section. Obtain gin pole adapter (3)
(1) Slide gin pole top section (1, fig. 8-41)
provided in the storage tank erection outfit. Measure 6
through adapter (2) attached to bottom center support
inches from face of the flange and attach adapter (3) to
support (1) directly below one of the flange bolt holes.
(2) As top section (1) is raised, attach a block
(3) Raise support (1) and lower it into center
and tackle to the top of the gin pole.
(3) Fit gin pole center section (5), less center
support base (2).
c. Gin Pole. Erection of the gin pole (fig. 8-41) is
rest, to top section (1). Push fitted. sections (1 and 5)
required for installation of the middle center support, top
through adapter (2). Remove the spur from the bottom
center support, and umbrella-type deck support.
of gin pole bottom section (6) and fit this section to
center section (5).
(4) Set the bottom of gin pole bottom section (6)
on a piece of board and tighten the clamp of adapter (2).
Place blocking between the gin pole and bottom center
support (3) so that the gin pole is parallel to the support.
Lash the bottom of the gin pole in place.
(5) The middle center support (1, fig. 8-42) is
flanged at both ends. Attach adapter (2) near the end
selected as the top.
Figure 8-41. Erecting gin pole for Installation of middle
Figure 8-42. Hoisting middle center support into