Figure 8-39. Assembly of umbrella-type deck support.
(5) Insert 1/2-by 11/4-inch bolts (4) through the
ring gusset plate and channel (2) in that order. Install
and tighten nuts.
(6) Position collar (3) at opposite end of brace
(7) Insert bolts (4) through gusset plates of collar
(3) and braces (2) in that order. Install and tighten nuts.
Remaining braces (2) are attached after
umbrella support is raised to its final position.
8-16. Installation of Tank Center Support Assembly
a. General. The tank center support assembly
consists of the bottom, middle, and top center supports,
step plate, and umbrella-type deck supports.
b. Installing Bottom Center Support.
BOTTOM CENTER SUPPORT
(1) Place assembled umbrella-type support (4,
CENTER SUPPORT BASE
fig. 8-40) over center support base (2) before starting
GIN POLE ADAPTER
installation of center support sections.
UMBRELLA-TYPE DECK SUPPORT
Figure 8-40. Erecting bottom center support.