(6) Attach tag line (4) to the top flange of middle
center support (1) to assist in placing and bolting the
(7) Place lashing (3) around support (1) about
one foot above the center of the support to raise it into
(8) Attach the lower tackle block hook to lashing
(3) and raise support (1) to its final position as shown in
Figure 8-44. Bolting top center to middle center support.
e. Installing Top Center Support.
(1) Unclamp and remove the assembled gin
pole sections (1, 5, and 6, fig. 8-41). Detach block and
Figure 8-43. Middle center support in final position.
(2) Remove adapter (2) attached to bottom
center support (3).
(9) Insert seven 3/4-by 3-inch bolts (8, fig. 8-44)
through flanges (1 and 2, fig. 8-43) in that order. Install
nuts and tighten.