If the receiver is alined to the transmitter, the burn spot
(10) Adjust direction of the transmitter beam by
will be coincident with the reticle when viewed through
turning the tipper and lower left adjustment screws as
the eyepiece. If receiver is aline(d to the' transmitter.
required to make the burn spot coincident with the reticle
proceed with step (14). If receiver is not alined to the
seen in the eyepiece. Turning the upper adjustment
transmitter, continue with step ()1.
screw clockwise directs the burn spot downward.
Turning the lower left adjustment screw clockwise directs
the burn spot to the left.
(11) Tighten expander screws.
(12) Perform steps (7) thru (11) until alinement
adjusting screws on transfer prism
(13) Tighten expander screws to 10 to 12 inch-
assembly No. 1 (see fig. 3-7).
pounds. Apply blue Glyptal to the adjustment screws.
(14) Remove four screws and lens assembly.
(9) Loosen the tipper and lower left expander
(15) Install ballistic cover assembly as
screws using boresight tool (5, table 2-3).
described in paragraph 3-12a.
(16) Remove receiver-transmitter unit from hot
Do not loosen or adjust lower right
(17) Purge receiver-transmitter unit in
screws which act as a pivot point.
accordance with TM 9-2350-230-12.