panel as applicable, to obtain access to the attaching
(1) Install the meter in the panel assembly and
(4) Remove the attaching parts securing the
s e c u r e with three screws and nuts.
(2) Solder the electrical leads to the meter in
s w i t c h or control to the panel assembly.
( 5 ) Remove the panel assembly.
accordance with the identification tags on the wires
(1) Visually inspect the exterior electrical
3-6. Controls and Switches
c o n n e c t o r s for evidence of burns or short circuits.
Controls and switches replaceable at the direct and
( 2 ) Operate the switch or control to check for
general support maintenance levels of HAND
LAMP, PANEL ILLUM, BIAS CONTROL, THEO
c . Installation.
BRT, PRESS TO TEST, RESET, MODE SELECT,
(1) position the switch in the panel assembly.
T E S T SELECT, and LATITUDE. Do the following
(2) Install attaching parts to secure the switch
t o remove and replace the switches or controls,
( 3 ) Install edge-lighted panel, knob, or switch
(1) Remove the printed circuit board (para 3-4)
c o v e r , as applicable, over the shaft.
to obtain access to the back of the control unit panel
(4) Solder the electrical leads to the switch or
assembly (fig. 3-3).
control in accordance with the identification tags on
(2) Unsolder the electrical leads from the
the wires (para 2-10 b).
defective control or switch and tag for identification.
( 5 ) Install the printed circuit board (para 3-4).
( 3 ) Remove knob or switch cover, edge lighted