TO 31S9-4-38-1 Chg 2
(2) install control unit interconnecting wires and
Secure wires to lamp housing using lacing
jumper wires. (fig. 'FO-2).
(3) Install external J-SIIDS or Data Transmitter T-
Install lens and lamp bulb (para 7-9b ).
1257( )/FSS-9(V) wiring); as applicable.
7-18. Replacement of A-F Terminal Board Assembly
7-20. Replacement of Connector PI.
(1) Place POWER switch TO OFF.
(2) Remove Data Transmitter 'F-1257 )/FSS-9(V)
(1) Place POWER switch to OFF.
(3) Tag all wiring at A-F terminal board assembly
(2) Completely remove the connector retaining
(38, fig. C-1) as required for identification prior to removal.
screw from each of the two locking devices (20, fig. C-1).
(3) Disconnect, connector plug P1 from status
(4) Disconnect all external J-SIIDS wires and
processor connector receptacle J12.
control unit interconnecting and jumper wires.
(4) Remove the two locking devices.
(5) Remove three screws (35, fig. C-1), three lock
(5) Loosen two wire bundle clamp retaining
washers (38), and one flat washer (37).
screws on junction shell (21) and separate junction shell and
(6) Remove A-F terminal board assembly (38).
connector plug (19).
(7) Remove buss bar between terminals 5 and 6
(6) Cut and remove wire bundle ties is required
on each of the terminal boards. Retain buss bars for reuse.
near connector plug P1 to expedite removal and installation of
(7) Slide solder junction protective tubing down
wires to prevent loss.
(8) Tag all wiring at connector plug P'1 as
(1) Install buss bar between terminals 5 and 6 on
required for identification prior to removal.
each of the terminal boards.
(9) Unsolder and remove interconnecting wires.
(2) Install A-F terminal board assembly (38, fig.
(10) Remove junction shell (21) only if it, is to be
C-1) using three screws (35) and three lock washers (37).
Install cable clamp under flat washer (37) at top right-hand
(3) Install all control unit interconnecting wires
and jumper wires (fig. FO-2) and the external J-SIIDS wires.
(4) Install Data Transmitter T-1257( )/FSS9(V) if
(1) Remove excess solder and straighten each
wire end prior to installing connector plug.
(2) Cut and insert a small length of solder into
7-19. Replacement of S Terminal Board Assembly
each connector plug (19, fig. C-1) wire terminal pin which will
be used during installation. (fig. FO-2.)
(3) If applicable install junction shell (21), fig. C-
1) over wire bundle.
(1) Set POWER switch to OFF.
(4) Starting at the center row of wire terminal
(2) Disconnect external J-SIIDS or Data
pins, solder each wire to connector plug P1. (fig. FO-2). After
Transmitter T-1257( )/FSS-9(V) wiring as applicable.
soldering all wires in the center row, slide protective tubing
(3) Tag all wiring at S terminal board assembly
down over solder connection prior to starting on the two outer
(41, fig. C-1) as required for identification prior to removal.
rows of terminal pins.
(5) Slide protective tubing down over solder
(4) Disconnect interconnecting wires and jumper
connection on the two outer rows of terminal pins.
wires from terminal board.
(6) Hold junction shell and connector plug
(5) Remove two screws (39, fig. C-l), two lock
together and install two locking devices (20) to secure the
washers (40), and S terminal board assembly (41).
Exercise care when tightening wire
(1) Install S terminal board assembly (41, fig. C-
bundle clamp to avoid pinching wires.
1) using two screws (39), and two lock washers (40).
(7) Tighten wire bundle clamp screws on junction