NAVELEX EE 181-AA-OMI-050/E 121 DT546 M9442
g. U/M (Column (7)). The Unit of Measure (U/M) indicates the measure (e.g., foot, gallon, pound) or count (e.g., each,
dozen, gross) of a listed item. A two-character alpha code (e.g., FT, GL, LB, EA, DZ, GR) appears in this column to
indicate the measure or count. If the U/M code appearing in this column differs from the Unit of issue (U/I) code listed in
the Army Master Data File (AMDF), request the lowest U/I that will satisfy your needs.
h. QTY INC IN UNIT (Column (8)). The Quantity Incorporated In Unit (QTY INC IN UNIT) indicates the quantity of the
item used in the breakout shown on the illustration figure, which is prepared for a functional group, subfunctional group,
or an assembly. A "V" appearing in this column in lieu of a quantity indicates that no specific quantity is applicable (e.g.,
4. Special Information.
a. The "USABLE ON CODE" title appears in the lower right corner of column (6), Description. Usable on codes are
shown in the right-hand margin of the description column. Uncoded items are applicable to all models. Identification of
the usable on codes used in this publication are:
b. Line item entries for repair parts kits and sets appear as the last entries in the repair parts listing for the figure in
which their parts are listed as repair parts.
5. How to Locate Repair Parts.
a. When National Stock Number or Part Number is Not Known:
(1) First. Using the table of contents, determine the functional group or subfunctional group to which the item belongs.
This is necessary since figures are prepared for functional groups and subfunctional groups, and listings are divided into
the same groups.
(2) Second. Find the figure covering the functional group or subfunctional group to which the item belongs.
(3) Third. Identify the item on the figure and note the item number of the item.
(4) Fourth. Refer to the Repair Parts List for the figure to find the line item entry for the item number noted on the
b. When National Stock Number or Part Number is Known:
(1) First. Using the Index of National Stock Numbers and Part Numbers, find the pertinent National stock number or
part number. The NSN index is in National Item Identification Number (NIIN)* sequence. The part numbers in the Part
Number index are listed in ascending alphanumeric sequence. Both indexes cross-reference you to the illustration figure
and item number of the item you are looking for.
*The NIIN consists of the last 9 digits of the NSN (i.e., 5305-01-674-1467).
Change 1 C-6