1. FIRST INTERMEDIATE BOTTOM SECTION
2. FIRST BOTTOM SECTION
Figure 8-14. Installing first intermediate bottom section.
(4) Install finger-tightened nuts on bolts (3, fig. 8-
12) as in b (2) above. Install finger-tightened nuts on
bolts in the lap seam at intervals of about 18 inches.
Do not tighten nuts beyond finger tightness
Each section must move when adjusting the
tank bottom to obtain correct spacing for
installation of the last section.
(1) Refer to c above, and install remaining
1. WEDGE GASKET
2. BOTTOM ADAPTER PLATES
(2) At one point in the installation of bottom
sections, four plates are joined where the lap seam in
Figure 8-15. Wedge gaskets installed at joining point of
the sections coincides with the lap seam of the bottom
adapter plates (2, fig. 8-15). At this point install two
wedge gaskets (1) to fill the spaces between section and