2320-01-318-9902 EIC:B5C, VOLUME NO. 2">
7-94. GENERAL WIRE HARNESS REPAIR (CONT)
Allow solder to cool before handling.
Failure to comply may result In Injury
(5) Slide heatshrink tubing (3) over solder
Never use open flame to apply
heat to heatshrink tubing. Failure
to comply may result in injury to
Allow heatshrink tubing to cool
comply may result in injury to
Do not overheat heatshrink tubing.
Tubing may split or melt if too much
heat is applied.
Ensure solder joint is centered in
(6) Apply heat to heatshrink tubing (3). Allow
tubing to shrink until tight on solder joint
and insulation of wire (1).
If replacing a section of wire, do
steps (7) thru (13).
(7) Measure distance between ends of wire.
(8) Cut section of new wire (4) 2 in. (5.08 cm)
longer than distance measured in step (7).
(9) Remove 0.75 in. (1.9 cm) of insulation (2)
from both ends of new wire (4).
(10) Slide two 3 in.
(7.62 cm) pieces of
heatshrink tubing (3) over ends of wire (1).
|Integrated Publishing, Inc.|