(2) Inspect connectors for bent pins and
e v i d e n c e of burns.
(1) Use low pressure, 5 to 10 psi, compressed air
( 3 ) Test output voltage.
t o clean the converter interior.
(a) Connect a 20-ohm 100 watt load resistor
(2) Wipe the case with a lint free cloth moistened
across the converter DC OUTPUT receptacle 3A1J2,
with trichloroethane, Federal Specification, O-T-
pins A and C. (fig. 5-2).
2 3 6 , or equivalent solvent.
c. I n s p e c t i o n .
(1) Visually inspect the components for evidence
o f burns and arcing.
(3) Position new component in place and secure
(b) T h r o u g h
w i t h attaching parts.
c o n n e c t t h e c o n v e r t e r- to a 115 ± Vac, 60-400 Hz
( 4 ) Solder electrical leads to component in ac-
p o w e r source.
c o r d a n c e with identifying tags.
(c) U s i n g a m u l t i r n e t e r , c h e c k t h e o u t p u t
v o l t a g e at the DC OUTPUT receptacle.
(1) U n s o l d e r e l e c t r i c a l l e a d s f r o m d e f e c t i v e
(d) Verify that the output voltage is 26 to 30
r e s i s t o r and tag for identification.
( 2 ) Position new resistor in place and solder
(e) Verify that the output ripple is 0.25 to
electrical leads in accordance with identifying tags.
c. D i o d e s .
( 4 ) Test voltage regulation of loads by check-
(1) Unsolder electrical lead from top of diode.
ing the converter output across pins A and C of re-
( 2 ) Remove nut and washer securing diode to
ceptacle 3A1J2 with no load, a 40-ohm, 50 watt,
load, and a 10-ohm, 100 watt, load. Verify the volt-
( 3 ) Position new diode in place. The insulated
age output is as follows:
washers must be in place to insure that the diode is
p r o p e r l y insulated. Secure with nut and washers.
( 4 ) Solder electrical lead to terminal of diode.
(1) Unsolder electrical leads from defective filter
a n d tag for identification.
( 2 ) Remove attaching parts securing filter to
h o u s i n g and converter (two places).
(3) Position new filter in place and secure with
a. Transformer and Capacitor.
(1) Unsolder electrical leads and tag for iden-
(4) Solder electrical leads to filter.
(2) Remove attaching parts securing component
Position the cover onto the housing and secure with
t o converter (four places).
Change 1, 5-3