(2) Remove the intake cover and lift out the air filter.
(3) Tap the filter on a clean disposable surface to remove solid particles. If necessary, rinse thoroughly in
clean acetone, followed by a rinse in clean alcohol and then a rinse in distilled water. Dry in a stream of hot, dry air.
(4) Replace the filter.
(5) Varnish both sides of the new intake cover gasket and mount in position when varnish is tacky.
(6) Replace the intake cover and tighten screws evenly.
f. Troubleshooting. The operator should be guided by the following chart (table 4-3) in diagnosing and correcting
Table 4-3. Vacuum Pump Troubleshooting Chart
TEST OR INSPECTION
1. INSUFFICIENT VACUUM PRESSURE
Step 1. Check low oil level.
Fill pump to prescribed level.
Step 2. Check for leakage in line.
Locate leak and repair line.
Step 3. Check if motor is functioning properly.
Check wiring for shorts or loose connections.
Check drivebelt for tightness. Correct condition.
4-6. REPAIR PARTS, SPECIAL TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT.
Repair parts and equipment for the laboratory assembly will be requisitioned by standard nomenclature and stock
number listed in the Department of the Army Supply Catalog.