Legend for figure 4-1:
Plastic front cover
Water valve switch
(2) Pull forward to remove the front cover and expose the
water valve switch.
(3) Remove the one screw that holds the switch, and then
remove the old switch.
(4) Install the new switch and adjust the water flow to
5 1/2 ounces per cycle (approx 2/3 cup). Setting the switch closer
to the timing cam (5) increases the water flow; raising the switch
away from the timing cam decreases the water flow.
d. Changing the Holding Switch.
Change the holding switch (4,
fig. 4-1) as follows:
(1) Remove the front cover.
(2) Remove the switch mounting attachments, disconnect the
and remove the defective holding switch.
(3) To install the new switch, attach wires and set the
switch so that the small black button on-the switch is not depressed
when it is in the cutout notch on the timing cam.
Change the temperature
e. Changing the Temperature Control.
control as follows:
(1) Locate the defective control in rear of the cabinet.
(2) Remove the old control and install the new one.
(3) To reset the new control, remove it from the rear of
the ice maker, take off the fiber cover, and turn the small brass
screw counterclockwise one complete turn the lower the temperature
setting. To raise the temperature setting, turn the brass screw
clockwise one complete turn.
f. Replacing Motor Coupling.
Replace a broken or worn motor
coupling as follows:
(1) Disconnect the shutoff arm from the geared motor
housing, and remove the three Phillips head screws located around the
outer edge of the motor.
(2) Pull the motor forward to provide access to the motor