(g) Carefully work the bulbs back into place and
A troubleshooting chart for the oven is
listed in table 4-1.
Change the geared motor as follows:
Changing Geared Motor.
(1) Remove the aluminum clamp holding the shutoff arm and
remove the three Phillips head screws around outer edge of geared
(2) Pull forward on the geared motor and cut the two thin
black wires leading to wire nuts. The motor can now be lifted out.
(3) Splice in the wires from the new geared motor and re-
mount it with the same three Phillips head screws.
Change the ice-release
b. Changing the Ice-Release Heater.
heater as follows:
(1) Take out the hex head screws from the aluminum clamp
in the top front surface of the inner liner.
(2) Remove both rear panels and pull the suction line out-
ward so that the ice mechanism and evaporator can be pulled thorugh
the front of the cabinet.
(3) Remove the insulation from bottom of the freezing
(4) Loosen the geared motor from its mounting. Taking
care not to break the two black wires, move the motor aside and
remove the four Phillips head screws from behind the geared motor;
the screws clamp the freezing mold to the black plastic housing.
(5) Pry the old-ice release heater out of the groove in
the bottom of the freezing mold and place a small amount of sealing
compound in the groove.
(6) Squeeze in the new heater and reassemble.
Change the water valve switch,
Changing Water Valve Switch.
(3, fig. 4-1) as follows:
(1) Remove the white plastic front cover (1, fig. 4-1) by
loosening the screw (2) two turns.