(10) If a gasket retainer becomes damaged, replace it in accordance with steps (1) through (4), (7) and
(8) of this procedure.
y. RFI Filter Chassis Repair. The RFI filter chassis (figure 5-3, item 6) is repairable by removing and
replacing a defective helicoil insert (90) (figure 5-4). To repair the RFI filter chassis, proceed as follows:
(1) Refer to figures 5-4 and 5-7. Insert blade of helicoil extracting tool (item a, figure 5-7) into insert so
that flat side of blade faces top of insert. (Blade is perpendicular to tang break-off point.)
(2) Strike head of extracting tool with a light blow so that blade cuts into damaged insert slightly.
(3) Maintain steady pressure between blade and insert while unscrewing insert out of chassis.
(4) Thread replacement helicoil onto mandril of installation tool (item b, figure 5-7). Screw insert into
hole to depth of one-half turn below surface of chassis.
(5) Insert end of tang break-off tool (item c, figure 5-7) into insert and apply pressure. The spring-loaded
punch mechanism within tang break-off tool will provide a sharp blow to break tang.
(6) Remove tang from hole.