Before performing any removal procedure, ensure that power is disconnected
from the power distribution box.
a. Top and Bottom Cover Removal. Refer to figure 5-3. Loosen the 20 self retaining screws (1) around
the perimeter of the top cover (2) or bottom cover (3). Remove the cover.
b. High-Voltage Shield Removal. Refer to figure 5-3. Remove the top cover in accordance with
paragraph 5-10a, then remove the six screws (4) and the high-voltage shield (5).
(1) Remove bottom cover (3) in accordance with paragraph 5-10a.
(2) Remove the six screws (7), flat washers (8), and lock washers (9) that secure the RFI filter assembly
(6) to the rear of the chassis.
(3) Remove the two screws (10) that secure the filter bracket (11) to the sides of the chassis.
(4) Slide the RFI filter assembly (6), with filter bracket attached, toward the front panel to clear the
connectors from the rear panel, then turn the assembly sideways until the filter bracket is free of the
chassis. Note that the connection to filter FL6 (12) is hidden behind FL4 (63).
(5) Refer to figure 5-4. Tag the wires on the RFI filter assembly (6) for proper identification during
reconnection. Remove nut (8), lock washer (9), flat washer (10), terminal lug (11), and wiring from
FL1 through FL5 (7).
(6) Tag wire connected to FL6 (item 92, figure 5-4) for proper identification during reconnection, then
Remove two nuts (12) two flat washers (9) and two lock washers (13) that secure filter bracket (14) to
each filter and remove filter bracket (14).
5-11. Replacement Procedures. Replacement procedures are provided for the RFI filter assembly A1, the
high-voltage shield, and the top and bottom covers.