2330-01-303-8832 (EIC: CXU)">
-Item requires special handling or condemnation procedures because of specific reasons
(e.g., precious metal content, high dollar value, critical material, or hazardous material).
Refer to appropriate manuals/directives for specific instructions.
c. FSCM (Column (3)). The Federal Supply Code for Manufacturer (FSCM) is a 5-digit numeric code which is used
to identify the manufacturer, distributor, or Government agency, etc., that supplies the item.
d. PART NUMBER (Column (4)). Indicates the primary number used by the manufacturer (individual, company,
firm, corporation, or Government activity), which controls the design and characteristics of the item by means of its
engineering drawings, specifications standards, and inspection requirements to identify an item or range of items.
NOTE: When you use a NSN to requisition an item, the item you receive may have a different part number from
the part ordered.
e. DESCRIPTION AND USABLE ON CODE (UOC)(Column (5)). This column includes the following information:
(1) The Federal item name and, when required, a minimum description to identify the item.
(2) The physical security classification of the item is indicated by the parenthetical entry (insert applicable
physical security classification abbreviation, e.g., Phy Sec C1 (C) -Confidential, Phy Sec C1 (S) -Secret, Phy Sec C1 (T)
(3) Items that are included in kits and sets are listed below the name of the kit or set.
(4) Spare/repair parts that make up an assembled item are listed immediately following the assembled item line
(5) Part numbers for bulk materi als are referenced in this column in the line item entry for the item to be
(6) When the item is not used with all serial numbers of the same model, the effective serial numbers are shown
on the last line(s) of the description (before UOC).
(7) The usable on code, when applicable (see paragraph 5, Special information).
(8) In the Special Tools List section, the basis of issue (BOI) appears as the last line(s) in the entry for each
special tool, special TMDE, exceeds density spread indicated in the basis of issue, the total authorization is increased
(9) The statement "END OF FIGURE" appears just below the last item description in Column 5 for a given figure
f. QTY (Column (6)). The QTY (quantity per figure column) indicates the quantity of the item used in the breakout
shown on the illustration figure, which is prepared for a fictional group, subfunctional group, or an assembly. A "V"
appearing in this column in lieu of a quantity indicates that the quantity is variable and the quantity may vary from
application to application.