2320-01-318-9902 EIC:B5C, VOLUME NO. 2">
Number of balance weights installed
on splined shaft vary.
(3) Inspect splined shaft (1) for damage, bent
tubing, or missing balance weights.
(4) Remove burrs from surfaces where prying
(5) Remove foreign material (paint, rust, etc.)
build up on propeller shafts and
(6) Inspect for missing or damaged end plug
(2) and grease fitting (3) on slip yoke (4).
(7) Inspect slip yoke (4) for broken, damaged,
or missing teeth.
(8) Inspect universal joint cross (5) for wear.
Propshaft parts must be positioned
in locations marked during removal.
Failure to comply may result in
driveline vibration and damage to
(1) Install grease fitting (1) on slip yoke (2).
(2) Install dust cap (3) on splined shaft (4).
(3) Install slip yoke (2) on splined shaft (4).
(4) Install dust cap (3) on slip yoke (2).
(5) Install fittings (5) in universal joint (6).
All four check valves must be
lubricant will not flow through check
valves and may cause equipment
(6) Install check valves (7) in universal joint (6).
(7) Coat inside of bearing caps (8 and 9) with
Change 1 10-5
|Integrated Publishing, Inc.|