2320-01-318-9902 EIC:B5C, VOLUME NO. 2">
10-2. PROPELLER SHAFT AND UNIVERSAL JOINT REPAIR (CONT)
(5) Remove universal joint (6) from yoke (4).
(6) Remove retaining wire (7) and two bearing
caps (8) from universal joint (6).
Do step (7) only if check valves
stayed in bearing caps.
(7) Install check valves (9) in universal joint (6).
(8) Remove fittings (10) from universal joint (6).
(9) Repeat steps (1) thru (8) for universal joint
(6) at other end of propeller shaft (1).
Mark position of slip yoke and
splined shaft before removing dust
(10) Remove dust cap (11) from slip yoke (12).
(11) Remove splined shaft (13) from slip yoke
(12) Remove dust cap (11) from splined shaft
(13) Remove grease fitting (14) from slip yoke
Dry cleaning solvent P-D-680 is toxic and flammable. Wear protective goggles and
gloves and use only in a well-ventilated area. Avoid contact with skin, eyes, and
clothes, and don't breathe vapors. DO NOT use near open flame or excessive heat.
The flash point is 100-138° F (38-590° C). If you become dizzy while using cleaning
solvent, get fresh air immediately and medical aid. If contact with eyes is made,
wash your eyes with water and get medical aid immediately.
(1) Clean all metal parts with dry cleaning solvent.
Compressed air for cleaning purposes will not exceed 30 psi (207 kPa). Use only
with effective chip guarding and personal protective equipment (goggles/shield,
(2) Dry parts with compressed air.
|Integrated Publishing, Inc.|