2320-01-318-9902 EIC:B5C, VOLUME NO. 2">
c. Group III Terminal Repair
Connector is removed by gently
prying up on clip and pulling on
All Group III connectors are repaired
the same way. Number of wires in
connector may vary.
(1) Remove connector (1) from connector (2).
(2) Unlatch and remove secondary lock (3) on
two connectors (1 and 2).
Tip of removal tool is very sharp.
Use caution when sing tool. Failure
to comply may result in Injury to
(3) Insert removal tool (4) into terminal
connector cavity (5) until seated.
(4) Pull wire (6) back through connector (1 or
2) and removal tool (4).
Do step (5) only if old terminal is still
attached to wire.
Make cut directly behind damaged
(5) Cut terminal (7) and wi re seal (8). Discard
terminal and seal.
(6) Insert 1 in. (2.5 cm) of wire (6) through
new wire seal (8).
Strip wire after placing it through seal
to prevent damage to individual wire
(7) Strip end of wire (6) leaving 0.25 in. (0.64
cm) of bare wire.
|Integrated Publishing, Inc.|