2320-01-318-9902 EIC:B5C, VOLUME NO. 2">
7-77. DDEC TERMINAL REPAIR (CONT)
Do step (4) only if old terminal is still
attached to wire.
Make cut directly behind damaged
(4) Cut and remove terminal (3) from wire (5).
(5) Push wire (5) through seal (6) and
connector (4) cavity.
Strip wire after placing it through seal
and connector body to prevent
damage to individual strands.
(6) Strip end of wire (5) leaving 0.25 in. (0.64
cm) of bare wire.
When installing terminal be sure
terminal wings point to the upper jaw
of crimping tool.
(7) Push terminal holder open and insert
terminal (3) until attaching portion of
terminal rests on anvil.
Wire should be positioned so larger
wings of terminal will crimp around
insulation and smaller wings will
crimp around exposed bare wire.
(8) Position wire (5) on terminal (3).
(9) Press handle(s) of terminal crimper (Item
4, Appendix F) (7) together until ratchet
releases and crimp is complete.
Locking tab should be positioned
toward notch in connector cavity
when properly installed.
(10) Pull wire (5) and terminal (3) back through
connector (4) until seated.
(11) Seat seal (6) into connector (4).
|Integrated Publishing, Inc.|