2320-01-318-9902 EIC:B5C, VOLUME NO. 2">
7-35. DDEC II OIL PRESSURE SENSOR REPLACEMENT (CONT)
Connector is removed by gently
prying on tab and pulling on
(5) Remove connector (7) from oil pressure
To aid in proper assembly, position
of elbow should be marked on engine
block before removal.
(6) Remove oil pressure sensor (8) from
· Elbow and fitting may come out as
· Do steps (7) and (8) if elbow or
fitting is damaged or leaking.
(7) Remove elbow (9) from fitting (10).
(8) Remove fitting (10) from engine (11).
Pipe thread sealing compound can
burn easily, can give off harmful
vapors, and is harmful to skin and
clothing. To avoid Injury or death,
keep away from open fire and use in
well-ventilated area. If pipe thread
sealing compound gets on skin or
clothing, wash immediately with soap
(1) Coat all but first two threads of oil
pressure sensor (1) with pipe thread
Do steps (2) thru (4) only if elbow and
fitting were removed.
(2) Coat fitting (2) and elbow (3) with pipe
thread sealing compound.
(3) Install fitting (2) in engine (4).
7-98 Change 3
|Integrated Publishing, Inc.|