2320-01-318-9902 EIC:B5C, VOLUME NO. 2">
7-2. ALTERNATOR TEST/VOLTAGE REGULATOR ADJUSTMENT (CONT)
(8) Remove plastic screw (6) from access hole in
(9) Connect voltmeter leads across positive (+)
terminal (8) and negative (-) terminal (9).
(10) Start and operate engine at idle with aid of
assistant (TM 9-2320-360-10).
(11) Insert small screwdriver in access hole cover.
Do not force adjusting screw past
stops at either end of range.
Damage to voltage regulator may
· Turn adjusting screw clockwise to
increase voltage, counterclockwise
to decrease voltage.
· Replace alternator
cannot be obtained.
(12) Turn adjusting screw (10) until voltage of 28.02
(13) Install plastic screw (6) in access hole of cover
(14) Disconnect voltmeter test leads from negative (-)
terminal (9) and positive (+) terminal (8).
If voltage at batteries is not within
specifications, after voltage regulator
adjustment, refer to Electrical System
(15) Test alternator output at batteries (para 7-2a).
d. Follow-On Maintenance
Shut off engine (TM 9-2320-360-10).
Close battery box (TM 9-2320-360-10).
Install alternator access panel (para 16-2).
Install inner fender (para 16-34).
7-4.2 Change 1
|Integrated Publishing, Inc.|