2320-01-318-9902 EIC:B5C, VOLUME NO. 2">
Batteries should be at least 95% charged.
Specific gravity readings should be
greater than 1.270.
b. Voltage Regulator Adjustment
Use extreme care when measuring voltage while engine is running. Rotating fan
blade and hot engine parts may cause injury.
Electrical accessories should be in off position for adjustment to be correct.
(1) Remove plastic cap (1) from access hole in
(2) Connect voltmeter leads across positive (+)
terminal (3) and negative (-) terminal (4).
(3) Start and operate engine at idle with aid of
assistant (TM 9-2320-360-10).
(4) Insert small screwdriver in access hole of cover.
Do not force adjusting screw past
stops at either end of range. Damage
to voltage regulator may result.
· Turn adjusting screw clockwise to increase
voltage, counterclockwise to decrease
· Replace alternator
cannot be obtained.
(5) Turn adjusting screw (5) until voltage of 14.05
vdc is obtained.
(6) Install plastic cap (1) in access hole of cover (2).
(7) Disconnect voltmeter test leads from negative (-)
terminal (4) and positive (+) terminal (3).
Change 1 7-4.1
|Integrated Publishing, Inc.|