2320-01-318-9902 EIC:B5C, VOLUME NO. 2">
6-13. FAN CONTROL VALVE REPLACEMENT (CONT)
Pipe thread sealing compound can
burn easily, can give off harmful
vapors, and is harmful to skin and
clothing. To avoid injury or death,
keep away from open fire and use in
well-ventilated area. If pipe thread
sealing compound gets on skin or
clothing, wash Immediately with soap
(1) Coat threads of fan control valve (1) with
pipe thread sealing compound.
(2) Engage threads of fan control valve (1)
with left thermostat housing (2). Turn
clockwise four complete revolutions.
Air inlet port on fan control valve
should face down in order to do
After completion of step (3),
threads of elbow should be facing
(3) Coat threads of elbow (3) with pipe thread
sealing compound and install in fan
control valve (1).
(4) Tighten fan control valve (1) one-half turn
(5) Coat threads of elbow (4) with sealant.
Install in fan control valve (1).
(6) Install air line no. 2759 (5) on elbow (4).
(7) Install air line no. 2758 (6) on elbow (3).
c. Follow-On Maintenance
Fill cooling system (para 6-2).
|Integrated Publishing, Inc.|