2320-01-318-9902 EIC:B5C, VOLUME NO. 2">
6-5. THERMOSTAT REPLACEMENT (CONT)
Use care when scraping gasket material from machined surface of housing.
Damage to housing may result.
(1) Scrape gasket material from thermostat housing.
Dry cleaning solvent P-D-680 Is toxic and flammable. Wear protective goggles and
gloves and use only In a well-ventilated area. Avoid contact with skin, eyes, and
clothes, and don't breathe vapors. DO NOT use near open flame or excessive heat.
The flash point Is 100-138° F (38-59° C). If you become dizzy while using cleaning
solvent, get fresh air Immediately and medical aid. If contact with eyes is made,
wash your eyes with water and get medical aid immediately.
(2) Clean all parts with dry cleaning solvent.
Compressed air for cleaning purposes will not exceed 30 psi (207 kPa). Use only
with effective chip guarding and personal protective equipment (goggles/shield,
(3) Dry all parts with compressed air.
(4) Inspect cover for cracks or other damage. Replace all damaged parts.
· Steps (1) thru (8) and (15) are used
to install left thermostat.
· Steps (1) thru (6) and (9) thru (17)
are used to install right thermostat.
· Lip on seal faces
(1) Install new seal (1) on seal installer (2).
Seal installer determines distance
seal is installed.
(2) Install new seal (1) on thermostat cover (3
or 4) using seal installer (2) and driver
|Integrated Publishing, Inc.|