2320-01-318-9902 EIC:B5C, VOLUME NO. 2">
6-3. RADIATOR AND SHROUD REPLACEMENT (CONT)
Pipe thread sealing compound can
burn easily, can give off harmful
vapors, and is harmful to skin and
clothing. To avoid Injury or death,
keep away from open fire and use In
well-ventilated area. If pipe thread
sealing compound gets on skin or
clothing, wash Immediately with soap
Use pipe thread sealing compound
sparingly only on pipe threads. Do
not apply compound to hose
connections. Damage to equipment
(34) Coat threads of two elbows (54) with pipe
thread sealing compound.
(35) Remove caps from fittings and plugs from
hoses. Install two elbows (54) in radiator
(36) Install two transmission hoses (55) on
(37) Fill cooling system (LO 9-2320-360-12).
Do not install radiator filler cap.
(38) Start engine (TM 9-2320-360-10).
Coolant level will drop when normal
operating temperature is reached and
(39) Check coolant level after normal operating
temperature has been reached. Coolant
level should be visible in radiator sight
glass (56). Add coolant as needed.
(40) Install radiator filler cap (57).
c. Follow-On Maintenance
(1) Install radiator baffles (para 6-4).
(2) Install fan (para 6-8).
(3) Install engine hood (para 16-7).
|Integrated Publishing, Inc.|