2320-01-318-9902 EIC:B5C, VOLUME NO. 2">
6-3. RADIATOR AND SHROUD REPLACEMENT (CONT)
Pipe thread sealing compound can
burn easily, can give off harmful
vapors, and Is harmful to skin and
clothing. To avoid Injury or death,
keep away from open fire and use In
well-ventilated area. If pipe thread
sealing compound gets on skin or
clothing, wash immediately with soap
Use pipe thread sealing compound
sparingly only on pipe threads. Do
not apply compound to hose
connections. Damage to equipment
(21) Coat threads of sending unit (34) or (34.1)
with pipe thread sealing compound.
· Step (22) applies only to vehicles
with DDEC II engines.
· Step (22.1) applies only to vehicles
with DDEC III engines.
(22) Install sending unit (34) on radiator (5).
(22.1) Install sending unit (34.1) on radiator (5).
Torque sending unit to 180 lb-in. (20
Plastic cable tie should be positioned
in location marked during removal.
(23) Secure overflow hose (9) with plastic
cable tie (35).
(24) Coat threads of fitting (36) with pipe
thread sealing compound.
(25) Install fitting (36) in radiator (5).
(26) Install hood spring bracket (37) on hardlift
cross bracket (38) with screw (39) and
6-20 Change 3
|Integrated Publishing, Inc.|