2320-01-318-9902 EIC:B5C, VOLUME NO. 2">
4-12. FUEL/WATER SEPARATOR REPAIR
This task covers:
Engine shut off (TM 9-2320-360-10).
Adhesive-Sealant (Item 6, Appendix C)
Parking brake on (TM 9-2320-360-10).
Compound, Sealing, Pipe Thread (Item 15,
Oil, Lubricating (Item 26, Appendix C)
Rags (Item 28, Appendix C)
Tools and Special Tools
Tool Kit, Genl Mech (Item 54, Appendix F)
Tags, Identification (Item 32, Appendix C)
Pan, Oil Drain (Item 26, Appendix F)
Element, Filter (Item 22, Appendix G)
Packings, Preformed (2) (Item 139, Appendix G)
(1) Place drain pan under drain hose (1).
(2) Disconnect wire plug (2) from receptacle
Fuel is very flammable and can
To avoid serious
Injury or death, keep fuel away from
open fire and keep fire extinguisher
within easy reach when working with
fuel. Do not work on fuel system
when engine Is hot. Fuel can be
Ignited by hot engine. When working
with fuel, post signs that read: NO
SMOKING WITHIN 50 FEET OF
(3) Turn drain valve (4) two full turns and
drain fuel from fuel/water separator.
(4) Remove sediment bowl (5) and preformed
packing (6) from filter element (7).
Discard preformed packing.
(5) Remove filter element (7) and gasket (8)
from housing (9). Discard filter element
(6) Remove clamp (10) and hose (1) from
drain valve (4).
(7) Remove drain valve (4) and seal (11) from
sediment bowl (5).
|Integrated Publishing, Inc.|