2320-01-318-9902 EIC:B5C, VOLUME NO. 2">
4-11. FUEL/WATER SEPARATOR SERVICE
This task covers:
Engine shut off (TM 9-2320-360-10).
Oil, Lubricating (Item 26, Appendix C)
Parking brake on (TM 9-2320-360-10).
Rags (Item 28, Appendix C)
Element, Filter (Item 22, Appendix G)
Tools and Special Tools
Tool Kit, Genl Mech (Item 54, Appendix F)
Pan, Oil Drain (Item 26, Appendix F)
(1) Place drain pan under drain hose (1).
(2) Disconnect wire plug (2) from receptacle
Fuel is very flammable and can
To avoid serious
Injury or death, keep fuel away from
open fire and keep fire extinguisher
within easy reach when working with
fuel. Do not work on fuel system
when engine is hot. Fuel can be
Ignited by hot engine. When working
with fuel, post signs that read: NO
SMOKING WITHIN 50 FEET OF
(3) Turn drain valve (4) two full turns and
drain fuel from fuel/water separator.
(4) Close drain valve (4).
(5) Remove sediment bowl (5) and preformed
packing (6) from filter element (7).
Discard preformed packing.
(6) Remove filter element (7) and gasket (8)
from fuel/water separator housing (9).
Discard filter element and gasket.
(7) Clean foreign material from sediment bowl
|Integrated Publishing, Inc.|