2320-01-318-9902 EIC:B5C, VOLUME NO. 2">
4-8. FUEL TANK BRACKET REPLACEMENT (CONT)
Dry cleaning solvent P-D-680 Is toxic and flammable. Wear protective goggles and
gloves and use only In a well-ventilated area. Avoid contact with skin, eyes, and
clothes, and don't breathe vapors. DO NOT use near open flame or excessive heat.
The flash point Is 100-138░ F (38-59░ C). If you become dizzy while using cleaning
solvent, get fresh air Immediately and medical aid. If contact with eyes Is made,
wash your eyes with water and get medical aid Immediately.
(1) Clean fuel tank straps and brackets with dry cleaning solvent, wire brush, and rags.
(2) Clean liners with soapy water. Rinse liners clean with clear water.
(3) Inspect fuel tank brackets and straps for damage and badly rusted areas.
(4) Inspect bracket liners for damage.
All fuel tank brackets and straps are
installed the same way. Right fuel
tank brackets are shown.
(1) Coat bracket liner
(2) Install bracket liner (1) on bracket (2).
(3) Install strap liner (3) on strap (4).
Ensure step mounts on strap are in
proper position when installing T-
screw in bracket.
(4) Insert T-screw (5) in bracket (2).
(5) Install new locknut (6) about 1 in. (2.5 cm)
on T-screw (5).
(6) Install bracket (2) and strap (4) on frame
(7) with six screws (8) and new locknuts
(9) with aid of assistant. Torque to 107 Ib-
ft (145 NĚm).
(7) Repeat steps (1)
d. Follow-On maintenance
(2) Install no. 1 air reservoir (para 11-19) (for
left fuel tank brackets).
(3) Install no. 2 air reservoir (para 11-20) (for
right fuel tank brackets).
|Integrated Publishing, Inc.|