2320-01-318-9902 EIC:B5C, VOLUME NO. 2">
3-5. OIL FILTER ADAPTER REPAIR (CONT)
Compressed air for cleaning purposes will not exceed 30 psi (207 kPa). Use only with
effective chip guarding and personal protective equipment (goggles/shield, gloves, etc.).
(3) Dry parts with compressed air.
(4) Inspect parts for damage and wear.
(5) Replace damaged or worn parts.
(1) Install valve disk (1), spring (2), and
retainer (3) on fluid filter head (4) with
Pipe thread sealing compounds can
burn easily, can give off harmful
vapors, and is harmful to skin and
clothing. To avoid Injury or death,
keep away from open fire and use In
well-ventilated area. If pipe thread
sealing compound gets on skin or
clothing, wash Immediately with soap
(2) Coat threads of pipe plug (6) wit h pipe
thread sealing compound.
(3) Install pipe plug (6) on fluid filter head (4).
(1) Install new gasket (1) and fluid filter head
(2) on mounting plate (3) with six new
lockwashers (4), four screws (5), two
screws (6) and wiring harness clip (7).
Torque to 30-35 lb-ft (41-47 NĚm).
|Integrated Publishing, Inc.|