2320-01-318-9902 EIC:B5C, VOLUME NO. 2">
3-2. ROCKER COVER REPAIR (CONT)
Dry cleaning solvent P-D-680 is toxic and flammable. Wear protective goggles and gloves and use
only In a well-ventilated area. Avoid contact with skin, eyes, and clothes, and don't breathe
vapors. DO NOT use near open flame or excessive heat. The flash point is 100-138° F (38-59° C). If
you become dizzy while using cleaning solvent, get fresh air Immediately and medical aid. If
contact with eyes Is made, wash your eyes with water and get medical aid Immediately.
(1) Clean metal parts with dry cleaning solvent.
(2) Dry metal parts with rags.
(3) Inspect all parts for cracks, pitting, or distortion.
(4) Replace damaged parts.
assembled in a similar manner.
Left rocker cover is shown.
Fill plug is located on left rocker
(1) Install new seal (1) on rocker cover (2).
(2) Install breather retainer (3) on seal (1) with
stub (4) toward rear of engine.
(3) Install seal (5) and filtering disk (6) on
breather retainer (3).
(4) Place retainer (7) over filtering disk (6).
Install three screws (8).
Do steps (5) thru (7) for left valve
(5) Install new gasket (9), oil filler tube (10),
and strainer element (11) on rocker cover
(2) with three screws (12).
(6) Install chain hook (13) on filler opening
cap (14). Crimp chain hook (13) to close
(7) Install filler opening cap (14) in oil filler
|Integrated Publishing, Inc.|