e. DESCRIPTION AND USABLE ON CODE (UOC) (Column (5)). This column includes the following information:
(1) The Federal item name and, when required, a minimum description to identify the item.
(2) The physical security classification of the item is indicated by the parenthetical entry which is a physical
security classification abbreviation, e.g., Phy Sec C1 (C) - Confidential, Phy Sec C1 (S) - Secret, Phy Sec C1 (T) - Top
(3) Items that are included in kits and set are listed below the name of the kit or set.
(4) Spare/repair parts that made up an assembled item are listed immediately following the assembled item line
(5) Part numbers for bulk materials are referenced in this column in the line item entry for the item to be
(6) When the item is not used with all serial numbers of the same model, the effective serial numbers are shown
on the last line(s) of the description (before UOC).
(7) The usable on code, when applicable (see paragraph 5, Special Information).
(8) In the Special Tools List section, the basis of issue (BOI) appears as the last line(s) in the entry for each
special tool, special TMDE, and other special support equipment. When density of equipments supported exceeds
density spread indicated in the basis of issue, the total authorization is increased proportionately.
(9) The statement "END OF FIGURE" appears just below the last item description in Column 5 for a given figure
f. QTY (Column (6)). The QTY (quantity per figure column) indicates the quantity of the item used in the breakout
shown on the illustration figure, which is prepared for a functional group, subfunctional group, or an assembly. A "V"
appearing in this column in lieu of a quantity indicates that the quantity is variable and the quantity may vary from
application to application.
4. EXPLANATION OF COLUMNS (SECTION IV).
a. NATIONAL STOCK NUMBER (NSN) INDEX.
(1) STOCK NUMBER column. This column list the NSN by National item identification number (NIIN) sequence.
The NIIN consists of the last nine digits of the NSN
(i.e., 5305-01-674-1467). When using this column to locate an item, ignore the first four digits of the NSN. However, the
complete NSN should be used when ordering items by stock number.