b. ASSEMBLY INSTRUCTION. Detailed assembly instructions for items source coded to be assem-
bled from component spare/repair parts are found in the narrative portion of this manual. Items that make up
the assembly are listed immediately following the assembly item entry or reference is made to an applicable
c. KITS. Line item entries for repair parts kits appear in a group in Section II (see Table of Contents).
B-6. How to Locate Repair Parts.
a. When National Stock Number or Part Number is Not Known:
(1) First. Using the table of contents, determine the assembly group or subassembly group to which the
item belongs, This is necessary since figures are prepared for assembly groups and subassembly groups, and
listings are divided into the same groups.
(2) Second. Find the figure covering the assembly group or subassembly group to which the item
(3) Third. Identify the item on the figure and note the number(s).
(4) Fourth. Refer to the repair parts list for the figure to find the part number(s) noted on the figure.
(5) Fifth. Refer to the figure and item number index to find the NSN, if assigned.
b. When National Stock Number or Part Number is Known:
(1) First. Using the National Stock Number or the Part Number Index, find the pertinent National
Stock Number or Part Number. The NSN index is in National Item Identification Number (NIIN) sequence
(See B-4.a(l)). The part numbers in the Part Number index are listed in ascending alphanumeric sequence
(See B-4.b). Both indexes cross-reference you to the illustration/figure and item number of the item you are
(2) Second. Turn to the figure and item number, verify that the item is the one you are looking for, and
locate the item number in the repair parts list.
All are common.