(5) Connect cable connectors 17A1P1, A2P1, and
the electrical adjustment procedures in
W1P2 to the EIA and tighten the captive screws.
(6) Using the screw, washer, and nut retained in
b. AH-1S Helicopter.
paragraph 3-16b(1), secure the bonding jumper to the
airframe, with the bonding-jumper lug between the
(1) Inspect the EIA for dents, scratches, missing
screwhead and the washer and with the washer next to the
hardware, and bent connector pins.
(2) Remove each of the four isolator mounts by
removing the screw and washer that secures the mount to
the EIA. Retain the four screws and washers.
T h e airframe hole into which the
bonding-jumper screw is inserted is almost
(3) Install the EIA to the airframe, using the eight
directly above the point at which the other end
screws and washers retained in paragraph 3-16b(4).
of the bonding jumper is secured to the EIA
(4) Install the EIA on the isolator mounts, using the
(7) Perform the electrical adjustment procedures in
screws and washers retained in (2).
Figure 3-2. EIA - removal and installation