Figure 3-15. Repairable fiber glass/plastic stock assemblies.
damaged area (step 2, fig 3-16). Use dry cleaning solvent
Repair of Fiber Glass and / or Plastic
(SD), if necessary.
stocks and Hand Guards
(2) Apply the adhesive mixture; allow to harden
a. Seam Opening.
and file flush with surrounding area (steps 4, 5 and 6, fig 3-
(1) Rout the open seam to a depth of not
more than 1/8 inch using file, chisel, end mill or
(3) If the damage extends into the stowage holes
comparable cutting tool (step 1, fig 3-16).
of the M14 stock, a wooden dowel of appropriate size can
(2) Remove all residue; mix epoxy adhesive
be lightly oiled and inserted into the stowage hole. The
and force into routed area. Permit the mixture to
epoxy adhesive will form to the contour of the pin and the
protrude slightly above the filled area.
stowage hole will not be clogged.
(3) Allow the epoxy adhesive to harden and
(4) After adhesive has hardened, remove dowel
file excess adhesive flush with the surrounding area.
Gouges, Dents or Crushed Areas.
(1) Remove all residue from within the