(3) Apply a continuous thin layer of RTV seal-
(4) Using a blunt-edged instrument, such as an
o r a n g e w o o d stick, scrape adhesive residue from the
MIL-A-46106RTV103BLA, in the seal cavity.
(4) Install the seal so that the splice joint is in
t h e lower groove.
(1) Cut a piece of seal material to the length
needed to run the entire length of the seal cavity in
(5) Press the gasket in place and wipe off any
( 6 ) Prepare attaching screws per (para 2-10a).
( 7 ) Attach the cover to the upper housing.
t r i c h l o r o e t h a n e , Federal Specification, O-T-236, or
e q u i v a l e n t solvent.
4-16, Change 1