4-3. Upper Housing Assembly
(1) Place the theodolite over the GRU housing
Upper housing assembly maintenance consists of
a n d connect the electrical connector to 1A1J3.
s e r v i c e procedures listed in the MAC and removal
and installation of the outer shield, described in the
Ensure that electrical wire slack is placed
adjacent to the inner circular surface of the
4-4. Outer Shield
mounting plate prior to lowering the
(1) Remove tripod assembly.
(2) Lower the theodolite to position in place on
(2) Remove eight screws attaching the outer
the mounting plate. Position the white strip on the
s h i e l d to the upper housing assembly.
theodolite base so that it is adjacent to the yellow
( 3 ) Remove the outer shield.
s t r i p e on the theodolite mounting plate.
(4) Remove and discard the seal from the upper
(3) Secure the theodolite by installing three
Using a torque wrench,
( 5 ) If defective, remove the bumper from the
p r o g r e s s i v e l y tighten the screws in 10-inch pound
o u t e r shield.
i n c r e m e n t s to 30-inch pounds torque.
Change 1, 4 - 3