front surface of cover has been displaced about 3/16 inch (18 minimum, 1/4 maximum)
(9) Reinstall cover and secure screws; tamper alarm should cease.
(10) Refer to troubleshooting procedures in Chapter 6, if tamper alarm function of MWS (SPU) is not proper.
(11) Complete functional checkout of MWS by performing sensitivity test (para 210, below)
2-10. Sensitivity Test and Adjustment
a. When the SENSITIVITYcontrol on the PWB Assembly is properly adjusted, the SPU will consistently produce an
operational alarm when a weapon is removed from its rack. It should also produce an alarm when the test weapon is
replaced in the rack
b. The weapon nearest to a loop sensor transposition (crossover point), or the one nearest to the EOL Module,
should be selected for the sensitivity test and adjustment
c. Proper tamper alarm function should be observed each time the SPU cover is removed and replaced. After the
first removal of the cover, the plunger of the tamper switch may be pulled outward. This will hold the switch contacts
closed, enabling the cover to be left off.
Note. The SPU cover cannot be bit off if there a electromagnetic energy radiating devices operating in the arms
d. Perform the sensitivity test and adjustment as follows:
(1) Remove the designated test weapon from its rack; Control Unit should emit a l10econd audible alarm.
(2) Wait at least 15 seconds, then replace test weapon in its k; c ontrol Unit should emit a 10-second
(3) Repeat steps (1) and (2) at least twice
(4) If steps (1) through () do not result in proper alarm outputs, perform the following steps:
Remove cover (observe tamper alarm output).
Turn SENSITIVITY screw index one position clockwise.
Reinstall cover. (Optional: pull tamper switch plunger outward)
Repeat steps (1), (2), and (3).
Note. Step (4) (b) may be repeated five times once for each setting on the SENSITIVITY scale. (fig 2-4)
(5) Refer to troubleshooting procedure in Chapter 6, if SENSITIVITY screw adjustments are ineffectual
(6) Reinstall SPU Cover (if applicable) when a SENSITIVITY setting is reached that produces a consistent
Note. " Upon completion of Step (6), installation and functional checkout of the MWS is compete.