the basis of issue, the total authorization is increased accordingly.
Unit of Measure (U/M). Indicates the standard of the basic quantity of the listed item as used in performing
the actual maintenance function This measure is expressed by a two-character alphabetical abbreviation (e. g. , ea, in,
pr, etc.) When the unit of measure differs from the unit of issue, the lowest unit of issue that will satisfy the required units
of measure will be requisitioned.
Quantity Furnished With Equipment (Basic Issue Items Only). Indicates the quantity of the basic issue item
furnished with the equipment.
Quantity Authorized (Items Troop Installed or Authorized Only). Indicates the quantity of the item authorized
to be used with the equipment will be requisitioned.
Quantity Incorporated in Unit. Indicates the quantity of the item used in the breakout shown on the
illustration figure, which is prepared for a functional group, subfunctional group, or an assembly. A '"' appearing in this
column in lieu of a quantity indicates that no specific quantity is applicable (e.g., shims, spacers, etc.}
C-4 Special Information
C-5. How to Locate Repair Parts
When Federal Stock Number or Part Number is Unknown:
(1) First. Using the table of contents, determine the assembly group within which the repair part belongs.
This is necessary since illustrations are prepared for assembly groups and listings are divided into the same groups.
(2) Second Find the illustration covering the assembly group to which the repair part belongs.
(3) Third Identify the repair part on the illustration and note the illustration figure and item number of the
(4) Fourth Using the Repair Parts Listing, find the figure and item number noted on the illustration.
When Federal Stock Number or Part Number Is Known:
(1) First. Using the Index of Federal Stock Numbers and Part Numbers, find the pertinent Federal stock
number or part number. This index is in ascending alpha-numeric sequence, cross-referenced to the illustration figure
number and item number.
(2) Second. After finding the figure and item number, locate the figure and item number in the repair parts