Figure 2-13. High voltage cabinet, front lower panel removed.
(6) On the bottom rear of transformer unfasten
2-17. Transformer Removal
the strap securing the conduit to the transformer. (fig. 2-
a. Disconnect Transformer from High Voltage
(7) Remove the conduit with wires. Care
b. Disconnect Transformer from Low Voltage Sec
should be used in pulling wires through conduit mounting
hole in transition side wall.
(1) Clear trailer deck
of all unnecessary
(8) Replace and secure the transition access
cover with its 24 bolts and washers. Be careful of weather
(2) On the right rear of cabinet, loosen and
remove the 24 bolts and washers securing the access
(9) Loosen and remove the 13 bolts and
cover on the transition area between transformer and low
washers in the transformer flange connecting the
voltage cabinet. (fig. 2-12).
transformer to the low voltage transition.
(3) Loosen and remove the bolts, nuts and
c. Lifting The Transformer.
washers connecting the bus connections of the three legs,
(1) Loosen and remove the 8 bolts, nuts, and
neutral and ground from transformer to low voltage
washers 14 each side) fastening the transformer to the
(4) Loosen and remove the two wires on
(2) Four lifting lugs at the top are provided for
terminal board HX, terminals I and 2. These wires should
lifting the complete transformer. Lift the transformer by
be the ones going from TBHX out through the conduit to
means of these lifting lugs, using cables long enough to
the high voltage section.
obtain cable pull angles not over 30 degrees from vertical.
(5) Loosen and remove the conduit on the low
voltage section transition area that goes along
(3) Use hooks, cable and hoist capable of lifting
transformer bottom to the high voltage section.