4-42. Valve (RE-6 Relay Emergency Valve)
(4) Remove the RE-6 relay emergency valve from
a. Every 3600 operating hours or 100,000 miles, or
yearly, depending upon operating conditions and
c. Installing RE-6 Relay Emergency Valve.
experience, the relay valve should be disassembled,
(1) Clean or replace line to valve.
cleaned and lubricated. Rubber parts and parts subject
to wear should be replaced if worn or damaged. The
(2) Mount relay valve on tank nipple, be sure it is
emergency line filter should be cleaned or replaced.
mounted vertically (delivery parts facing down) and
b. RE-6 (Relay Emergency Valve Removal (fig. 4-
(3) Connect the four brake chamber air hoses to the
delivery ports on RE-6 Valve.
(1) Block trailer wheels.
(4) Connect service line in service port (upper port)
(2) Open drain cocks on reservoir and drain air
and emergency line in emergency port (lower port). (fig.
from trailer air system.
(3) Disconnect from RE-6 relay emergency valve
the four air lines to the brake chamber, the service line
and the emergency line. See figure 4-14.