(3) Attach adapter (5, fig. 8-44) to top center
support (1) just below the support angles near the top of
(4) Attach foot spike (1, fig. 8-33) to gin pole (3,
(5) Slide the pole, top first, through the adapter
(6) As the pole is raised, attach block and tackle
(2) to the head block eye.
(7) Push the bottom of the pole clear of the
inside face of flange (2, fig. 8-43). Drop the foot spike
(1, fig. 8-33) through the open bolthole.
(8) Adjust adapter (4, fig. 8-44) so that gin pole
(3) stands as nearly vertical as possible.
(9) Attach the lower tackle hook to adapter (5)
and raise top center support (1) to final position as
shown in figure 8-44.
(10) Insert seven bolts (8) through the top flange
of middle center support (7) and the bottom flange of
top center support (1). Install nuts and tighten. Make
sure the open bolthole is directly below the adapter.
f. Installing the umbrella-type Support.
(1) Remove tackle from the top of the gin pole
and hang the tackle on top center support (1, fig. 8-44).
(2) Slide pole (4, fig. 8-45), top first, through
adapter (5, fig. 8-44).
Figure 8-45. Raising umbrella-type deck support.