f. Installing Remaining Intermediate Staves in
(4) Gin pole (1, fig. 8-32) is now directly over the
center of second stave (5, fig. 8-33) position. Keep pull
line (3) outside of the tank. In hoisting a stave, the pull
(1) Install the remaining 34 staves, except the last,
line must form an angle with the pole equal to and
following the procedure in e above.
adjacent to the angle formed by the load lines and pole.
(2) As staves are installed, assemble hook ladder
This will reduce bending of the gin pole and reduce
(3, fig. 8-35) furnished with the storage tank erection
danger to personnel pulling on the pull line should the
stave accidentally fall.
(5) Lower hook (4) and attach it to the center bolt
hole in the top chime of second stave (5).
(6) Raise stave (5) and install it following the
procedures in d(6) and (7) above and in paragraph 8-
(7) Shift the guy line to the new location shown in
1. BOLT HEAD
2. STAVE JOINT CHANNEL
3. HOOK LADDER
Figure 8-35. Driving second ring stave bolts into position
Figure 8-34 Attaching guy line to hold second ring staves.