b. Installing First Bottom Section.
(2) Install finger-tightened nuts on bolts inside the
lap seams. These nuts are to hold assembled section in
(1) Place small end of section over adapter bolts (3,
c. Installing First Intermediate Section.
Wedge shaped gaskets must be used
wherever three plates or sections are joined
(1) Place wedge gasket (1, fig. 8-13) over gasket
(2) at right edge of first section.
1. WEDGE GASKET
2. STRIP GASKET
Figure 8-13. Installing wedge gasket at lap seam
of first bottom section
(2) Face small end of the section. Install this
section, and all remaining sections, to the left of the first
section or in a counterclockwise direction around the
(3) Place small end of first intermediate section (1,
the section lain over bolts (5) in the right lap seam of the
first bottom section (2, fig. 8-14).
ME GASKET 5430-209-12/8-12
Figure 8-12. Installing first bottom section.