LAP JOINT BOLT
STEEL RECESSED WASHER
Figure 8-6. Assembly of inner and outer bottom plates.
(2) Place bolt retaining board under the
c. Assembling First Bottom Section. The first
bottom section (para 8-4) consists of one inner plate,
ter bottom plates. one outer plate, three bolt channels
(3) Install strip gasket (4) along the full length
placed under each radial lap seam, l/2 -by 1 /4 -inch
of joining seam.
radial lap bolts, and 1/2-by 1/2-inch lap joint bolts.
(4) Joining seam of outer plate (2) overlaps
joining seam of inner plate (1).
The seams are identified as right and
left, facing the large end.
(5) Install steel recessed washer (5), cup side
down, and nut (6) on each bolt (3) protruding through
(1) Starting at large end of plate, place bolt
outer plate (2). Tighten all bolts.
channel (1, fig. 8-7) under right and left lap seams of