Figure 4-5. Interior bay superstructure. removal and installation.
4-2. Unpacking Equipment
4-3. Inspecting and Servicing the Equipment
a. General. The superstructure assemblies should
be mounted on the carrier in such a way as to prevent
(1) Inspect the superstructure for damage that
damage to the units while in transit.
may have occurred during shipment, such
as loose or missing bolts, nuts, or quick
Use care in the use of crowbars and similar
(2) Inspect all hydraulic hoses for leaks or
tools to avoid damage to the units.
Prior to placing the
(3) Inspect the rotation, pinning, curbing, and
ramp fold cylinder for leaks or other
accomplish depreservation in accordance with
instructions outlined on DA Form 2258.
(4) Inspect the superstructure decking for
depreservation guide will be completed con-
currently with preservation for each item, with any
(5) Inspect all pipe and hose straps for secure
peculiar requirements outlined in the blank spaces on
Make sure the hoses have
DA Form 2258. The completed DA Form 2258 will be
adequate slack, and will not cause damage,
placed in a waterproof envelope and marked
or be damaged during operation.
"Depreservation Guide"; and attached to each unit in a
(6) Inspect electrical wiring harness for broken,
frayed, or loose wires.
(7) Correct all deficiencies.
b. Servicing. Perform the preventive maintenance