destruction for chemically contaminated equip-
(5) M5 Converter, Frequency, Static (NSN 4240-
ment (alarms, filters, etc), personnel should
mask and move upwind of the site. if unable to
move upwind of the site, personnel should wear
protective clothing and masks.
a. Priorities for Destruction.
(1) Engine and gas-particulate filter units
(2) Main control panel
(5) Air ducts and wiring
b. Preferred Methods of Destruction. Mechanical
means, demolition, fire, and gunfire.
c. Mechanical Means. See paragraph 2-8.
d. Demolition (para 2-11). Fasten explosive
charges at as many of the following locations on
the M51 shelter system (349)as time permits.
Figure 3-47. Explosive Charge Location for
Detonate all charges at the same time.
M5 Converter, Frequency, Static - Modular
(1) Place 2-pound charge on M68 filter and
Collective Protection Equipment.
utilities unit. if rest of system is already loaded
on trailer, detonating this size charge will destroy
entire M51 shelter system.
(2) Place 1/2-pound charge on entrance gas-
(6) Airflow Valve (NSN 4240-01-055-1493)
particulate filter unit.
(3) Place 1/2-pound charge above entrance.
(4) Place 1/2-pound charge on top of shelter.
e. Fire (para 2-14).
(1) Fasten incendiary grenades at locations
specified for charges above. Use two grenades
for M68 filter and utilities unit.
(2) If time permits, build fire with combustible
(3) Use lanyards to ignite grenades.
f. Gunfire (para 2-17).
(1) Shoot at M68 filter and utilities unit and
entrance gas-particulate filter unit unitl de-
(2) Fire through shelter and entrance.
(3) Use flamethrowers or incendiary rockets
if availabie (para 2-13, 2-14, and 2-16).
Figure 3-48. Explosive Charge Location for
Airflow Valve - Modular Collective Protection Equipment.
3-37. Shelter System, Collective Protection,
Chemicl-Biological: inflatable, Trailer Trans-
When using demolition or fire as a method of
Figure 3-49. Explosive Charge Locations for
M51 Shelter System.
3-24 Change 1