b. During Deployment.
Battle Group Lab
(a) Message battle group, NOAP-PM, TYCOM monthly of sample summary (see figure
Coordinate transfer of samples from ships/squadrons to lab (recommend Log Helo).
Battle Group Ships/Squadrons
Draw samples using normal periodicity and transfer to battle group lab.
(b) Hydraulic samples can be sent to nearest shore based lab (i.e. NAF Atsugi, AIMD
Sigonella, SRF Guam, NSY Pearl Harbor or home port lab).
Ensure shipping procedures are followed as outlined.
1. Sample bottles are completely full.
2. Caps are tight and not leaking.
3. Sample ID is glued/taped to bottle.
4. DD Form 2026 is completed in accordance with this manual to include sample
number and signature. The completed form shall be secured to the sample bottle with a rubber band.
5. Package sample to preclude damage that would cause leakage.
6. Mark package "NOAP SAMPLE. ATTN: AMID NOAP LAB"
7. Utilize NOAP Samples kits available through Naval Supply System (this kit includes
72 bottles, 72 labels, pad of DD Form 2026's and 72 padded mailing envelopes.
Shore Based Lab(s)
Continue processing hydraulic samples.
(b) If samples received from battle group ships/squadrons after transfer, process as normal
and inform battle group lab via message of the results for manual entry into database. This will ensure analysis
Battle Group Lab
Process all samples in-house.
Force tape file dump and mail to NOAP-DAO.
Transfer all histories back to originating lab.
(d) Provide end-of-cruise summary to appropriate type commanders, shore based lab(s),
NOAP-PM and DIR JOAP-TSC.
(e) Message all ships/squadrons that histories have been transferred to home port lab and to
commence sending samples to their home port lab.
Continue NOAP support of own ship samples.