(2) Remove two screws (43), four flat washers (44), two lock washers (45) and two nuts (46) that secure
identification plate (47) to the front panel.
(3) To replace the identification plate (47), secure it to front panel with two screws (43), four flat washers
(44), two lock washers (45), and two nuts (46).
(4) Replace bottom cover (3) in accordance with paragraph 5-11c.
v. Externally Relieved (Captive) Screw Removal and Replacement. To remove and replace captive
screws/threaded inserts, proceed as follows:
(1) Refer to figure 5-3. Carefully back (unscrew) captive screw (16A) out of threaded insert (16B).
(2) Drill out threaded insert using a drill bit as close in diameter to insert as possible, but not larger than
diameter of insert. Remove threaded insert from panel.
(3) Install new threaded insert into hole on front panel, then swage insert from back side of panel to
secure it in hole.
(4) Replace captive screw into threaded insert.
w. Shield Gasket Removal and Replacement. To remove and replace the EMI shield gasket on the front
panel, proceed as follows:
(1) Refer to figure 5-3. Form and cut a new gasket (item 5, App. D) using damaged one still mounted
to back of panel as a guide. Also mark new gasket for hole placement and drill out holes.
(2) Remove damaged gasket using a knife or other sharp instrument.
Adequate ventilation must be provided while using trichlorotrifluoroethane.
Prolonged breathing of vapor should be avoided. The solvent must not be used
near heat or open flame; the products of decomposition are toxic and irritating.
Since trichlorotrifluoroethane dissolves natural oils, prolonged contact with skin
should be avoided. When necessary, use gloves (item 6, App. D) that the solvent
If the solvent is taken internally, consult a physician